Need to change your car battery? It’s easy to do if you just follow a few simple steps.
- Turn off your engine, make sure your vehicle is in park, and open the hood.
- Place a blanket or pad over the fender to protect your car from battery acid.
- Use a wrench to loosen the nut and bolt on the clamp that holds the battery cable on the negative terminal. It will have a “-” or “NEG” on it. If your car happens to have a positive ground (check your owner’s manual) loosen the cable with “+” or “POS” on it.
- Remove the cable from the post, then remove the other cable from its post and put them both aside.
- Remove whatever devices are holding the battery in place.
- Remove the battery.
- Replace the spot with a new battery and make sure it’s facing in the same direction as the old one.
- Replace the devices that held the old battery in place and make sure it’s secure.
- Replace the battery cables on the terminals in reverse order from which you removed them. If your vehicle has negative ground, the positive cable goes back first.
- Then take the old battery to a recycling center that accepts batteries.
If you need help replacing your battery, just call the experts at Fast Lane Automotive! Call 407-270-1506 today!
Dummies.coml How to Remove and Install a Car Battery http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-remove-and-install-a-car-battery.html
How Stuff Works.com; How to Change a Car Battery http://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-the-hood/vehicle-maintenance/change-car-battery.htm